Evaluation of the LBI November 2020
The Ludwig Boltzmann Gesellschaft (LBG) invited an independent international team of experts to evaluate the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Lung Vascular Research on 9 and 10 November 2020. The results of the past period were evaluated and recommendations for future development were made. The evaluation panel meetings were chaired by Professor Lucie Clapp and took place online.
- Professor Lucie Clapp, Professor of Vascular Physiology, Deputy Director Institute of Cardiovascular, Science, University College London, London, UK
- Dr George Giannakoulas, Associate Professor in Cardiology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, AHEPA Hospital, Cardiology Department, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Professor Dr med. Adam Torbicki, Depa rtment of Pulmonary Hypertension, Thromboembolic Diseases and Cardiology, Centre of Postgraduate Medical Education, Otwock, Poland
- Dr. Christine Petry, Programme Director Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, Bonn, Germany
The evaluation was very positive for our Institute. We are pleased to present you the four main messages of the evaluation report:
- The growth of the institute in terms of science as well as in terms of staff development is impressive. Important progress has been made since the last evaluation with regard to publications and patents as well as third party funding.
- The Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Lung Vascular Research has established itself as an institution with a significant international profile.
- The LBI for Lung Vascular Research offers an excellent environment for young researchers.
- The panel was especially pleased to see that young researchers identify themselves with and want to work in the LBI: They see it as a strong functioning unit with a high research output, good training and career opportunities, and a general environment of openness and mutual respect, where they are allowed to flourish.