Awards at the ÖGP annual meeting for the LBI-LVR
At the 46th Annual Meeting of the Austrian Society of Pneumology (ÖGP), which took place from September 29 – October 12 at the Salzburg Congress, the team of the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Lung Vascular Research and the Clinical Division of Pulmonology were extremely successful and were able to bring no less than five high-ranking awards to Graz.
In addition to the first and third place awards of the competitive scientific poster prize for basic research, the ÖGP-ALFA Prize 2022, the ÖGP Science Grant 2022 and also the Sylvia Hartl Long Term Fellowship 2022 went to our young female researchers.
The award winners in detail:
- Anna Birnhuber: ÖGP-ALFA Prize 2022 for the publication “Pirfenidone exacerbates Th2-driven vasculopathy in a mouse model of systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease” published in the European Respiratory Journal
- Ceren Mutgan: ÖGP Wissenschaftsförderung 2022 for research “Spatial mapping of vascular density and extracellular matrix deposition in the pulmonary vasculature of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis by using synchrotron-based micro-CT”.
- Katarina Zeder: 1st poster prize (basic research) “Remodeling of pulmonary arteries, airways and parenchyma in end-stage COPD patients with severe pulmonary hypertension”
- Sonja Rittchen: 3rd poster prize (basic research) “Galectin-3 drives a cycle of pro-inflammatory and -fibrotic right ventricular remodeling”
- Katarina Zeder: Sylvia Hartl Long Term Fellowship 2022 “Pulmonary hypertension in end-stage renal disease – a multicenter study for the identification of a high-risk profile in patients with chronic kidney disease as predictor of adverse outcome”